Friday, September 5, 2014

Interview with author Wren Figueiro



So I am here today with another author interview and this time it is with Wren Figueiro, author of  Atancia and For Atancia. I don't want to bore you with my rambling so I'm just going to get right to. Here is the interview:

1. What inspires you to write?
Just about anything: pictures, scenery, weather, events, family. Anything that makes me think, “wow, that’s beautiful” and makes me want to describe it.

2. Did you always know you wanted to be a writer? If no, then what did you want to be when you were younger?
Yes. When I was little I would decorate composition notebooks so that they would have a cover and then write stories in them.

3. When did you first start to write?
Probably around the age of seven.

4. Do you have any strange writing habits?

I don’t think so. I’ve heard other writers mention similar ones. I tend to keep a notebook by the side of my bed because sometimes I’ll wake up with a line or scene in my head, and I don’t want to forget it, so I’ll write it down in the dark. On occasion I’ve accidentally written on pages that weren’t blank and that gets a bit confusing.

5. Why do you write?
I like the idea of creating worlds and deciding what happens in them. I like sharing stories and hope to make people feel what my characters feel.

6. Do you work to an outline or plot or do you prefer just see where an idea takes you?
I make a very basic outline and then fill it in as I write. I usually write major scenes then connect the dots.

7. How did you come up with the title for your book?
The definitions of most of the names I chose for the characters reveal something about them. Atancia is a pet form of a name derived from the Greek word ‘athanatos’ which means immortal.

8. Is there a certain type of scene that's harder for you to write than others? Love? Action? Racy?
Action is definitely not my strong suit.

9. What research do you do, if any, for your novels?
I research names, places, events. For this book and its sequel I tried to make sure that I portrayed the locations as realistically as possible. It’s amazing how much information you can find now and how many pictures and videos to help you really get a feel for places.

10. What advice do you have for other aspiring authors?
Just write. I spent a lot of time worrying about what I would write, taking classes on writing, and wondering whether it was possible for me to write an entire book. I didn’t think I should even attempt to write a book until I had everything planned out perfectly, but I didn’t get anywhere until I sat down to actually do it. Now I’ve finished two and it doesn’t seem so intimidating anymore.

And that is it for today. I would like to thank Wren for doing this and I wish you the best. If you check out Wren's website or her books the link to do so are here:

http://www.facebook.com/Atancia
http://wrenfigueiro.wix.com/author
http://www.amazon.com/Wren-Figueiro/e/B00EZZVQ40/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1409699957&sr=8-1

Once again my thanks go out to Wren for doing this, so thank you Wren.

No comments:

Post a Comment